Gone are the days when you could quickly throw a site up with some affiliate marketing ads and expect to sit back and start cashing the checks. Nowadays, the competition is more intense and site visitors have higher quality standards than before. Here are a few affiliate marketing tips that can be beneficial:
• Provide content that is useful so people will bookmark your site and return.
• Learn a bit about search engine optimization to help drive traffic to your site
• Provide a regular newsletter so your visitors know when to return.
• Join a group like ValueClick or Linkshare so you can promote multiple companies' products under one umbrella
• Join some online forums and attach your web site URL to your signature line (make sure you participate and not just spam the group)