Whether you choose to outsource your affiliate programs or not, you'll still need to devote some resources to run an effective pay-per-click affiliate program.
Your success will depend heavily on your ability to actively manage your relationships with your affiliates and to recruit new ones. Here are some ways to manage your affiliate relationships:
• Provide your affiliates with graphics and other promotional materials to use on their web sites
• Motivate and reward your affiliates
• Track your affiliates' commissions and pay in a timely manner
• Provide ongoing and rotating campaigns to get people's attention
• Help your affiliates with ad placement
• Provide content for your affiliates to use on their sites, if appropriate