Some people believe they can just throw some affiliate ads up on a web site, quit working, and reap the benefits. This is a fallacy! Here are some affiliate tips that can show you the correct procedure:
• Always remember that it's "marketing"
• Remember that people can buy online from anyone--you have to make them want to buy from your site
• Offer lots of quality content so people will bookmark your site and return
• Learn about search engine optimization and make it work for you
• Learn why people buy, what attracts them, and what turns them off
• Study other successful affiliate marketing sites and see what they're doing that you're not
• Remember that things change constantly--don't just build a site and ignore it for months on end –this will not produce the maximum possible income